Direction & Ideas for the Café

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Direction & Ideas for the Café

Post by Monk on Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:28 pm

Spiral wrote:Added another section for all the financial stuff....

I have been on the forum forum & asked about a thanks button....it turns out it wasn't me being thick, there is no thanks setting as on Vbulletin, the reply I got was;

The thanks button only appears to the topic starter in the replies in the topic.  You can only thank one post.

In other words if you start the thread you can thank one person (only) who posts a reply on that thread....no idea why the heck it's set up like that, makes no sense to me scratch

Ahh the thanks button....a love hate r-ship, I love that its easy to show I liked a post but hate that I am happy enough to not bother typing out why I found it so!. I don't know about anyone else but I found my over use grew into a dependence on auto-communication, and we all know how much we don't want to robotize our good selves anymore than we already have do we? Lol

Can't we just set a trend now that instead of clicking a button we could simply quote-reply with the abbrev "TFTP" (thank you for this post)..? We don't need robots to program simplification for us we just have to do it and the culture will adopt herein accordingly I reckons...

I think it might be better even though sometimes I totally agree with the idea behind appreciation without contribution, I thank button a lot because so much I read I have nothing motivating me to add so only listen.

Last edited by Monk on Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Bloody tablets, glad I don't own one)

Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiral on Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:29 pm

Monk wrote:

I have been on the forum forum & asked about a thanks button....it turns out it wasn't me being thick, there is no thanks setting as on Vbulletin, the reply I got was;

The thanks button only appears to the topic starter in the replies in the topic.  You can only thank one post.

In other words if you start the thread you can thank one person (only) who posts a reply on that thread....no idea why the heck it's set up like that, makes no sense to me scratch

Ahh the thanks button....a love hate r-ship, I love that its easy to show I liked a post but hate that I am happy enough to not bother typing out why I found it so!. I don't know about anyone else but I found my over use grew into a dependence on auto-communication, and we all know how much we don't want to robotize our good selves anymore than we already have do we? Lol

Can't we just set a trend now that instead of clicking a button we could simply quote-reply with the abbrev "TFTP" (thank you for this post)..? We don't need robots to program simplification for us we just have to do it and the culture will adopt herein accordingly I reckons...

I think it might be better even though sometimes I totally agree with the idea behind appreciation without contribution, I thank button a lot because so much I read I have nothing motivating me to add so only listen.

TFTP

cheers
Spiral
Admin

http://conspiracycafe.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk on Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:55 pm

Spiral wrote:
Monk wrote:

TFTP

cheers

Tftp!!!

As a baldy its always good to know I can set a trend in some fashion! harharharrr pirat pirat pirat

Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiral on Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:45 pm

Monk wrote:
Spiral wrote:

TFTP

cheers

Tftp!!!

As a baldy its always good to know I can set a trend in some fashion! harharharrr pirat pirat pirat

This is a baldy/ hair-loss friendly forum, baldyphobics will be banned !!!

cheers
Spiral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk on Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:06 pm

Spiral wrote:
Monk wrote:
Spiral wrote:

TFTP

cheers

Tftp!!!

This is a baldy/ hair-loss friendly forum, baldyphobics will be banned !!!

cheers

Pmsl!! 

We can't all look like Jesus!! ... 

Well, maybe this one...

Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiral on Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:01 pm

I hope that's not blasphemy on Resurrection Sunday Shocked

We now haz a "thanks" button cheers

It's only a simple counter & doesn't log names but at least you can let a poster know someone has read & appreicated the content !

I got another reply on the forum forum with a java script mod....

Java script affraid
Spiral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiral on Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:27 pm

Got some new smilies Banana

I've deleted a lot of the original smilies as they are either useless or not very good, & replaced them with better ones that are more likely to be used

Cheers
Spiral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk on Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:06 pm

Spiral wrote:I hope that's not blasphemy on Resurrection Sunday Shocked

Lol only bald Jesus picture I could find didn't even realise the day till just now woops Embarrassed 

Anywayy.....new Smilies are good!
Also is there a way to enlarge the page number/next page arrows in my settings or is that something that has to be forum loaded?

Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiral on Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:25 pm

Monk wrote:
Also is there a way to enlarge the page number/next page arrows in my settings or is that something that has to be forum loaded?

I can't find an option for it, it must be in the coding Nailbite
Spiral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk on Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:52 pm

Spiral wrote:
Monk wrote:

I can't find an option for it, it must be in the coding Nailbite

Kill it! Lol

Monk

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top