Spiral's Conspiracy Café
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lake Titicaca Vid.

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lake Titicaca Vid. - Page 2 Empty Re: Lake Titicaca Vid.

Post by Mad Scientist Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:40 pm

norman wrote:Those images are obviously the result of photo manipulation software algorithms, right ?

NO!

Cheers
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW2djXBDU-G3ihKecfgue4w

Back to top Go down

Post by norman Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:52 pm

Did they come straight out of the camera looking like that?
norman
norman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad Scientist Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:58 pm

norman wrote:Did they come straight out of the camera looking like that?

No, off course not, but there's no "manipulation" if the image itself involved. It''s simply filtering layers and enhancing what's already in there.

Cheers
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by norman Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:12 pm

OK, I get it. Each 'filter' process accumulates into those kinds of effects. It happens to me a lot. The edge enhancements are particularly bad for that sort of thing, especially if you then apply contrast increases and or color saturations afterwards.

I'd go right back to the originals and start from scratch with nothing more than straight enlargement until there's nothing to see but the pixels of the medium that recorded it. One single contrast multiplier may be ok at that stage but don't keep on applying process to it.

The use of the word "filter" in digital photography is very misleading because each filter IS actually an image manipulation algorithm that will start off the process of artifact abstractions that will then be further exaggerated upon further use of processes.

[ I can't find any options for emoticons on the page anywhere - probably my old WinXP situation thing again ]
norman
norman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad Scientist Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:05 pm

norman wrote:OK, I get it. Each 'filter' process accumulates into those kinds of effects. It happens to me a lot. The edge enhancements are particularly bad for that sort of thing, especially if you then apply contrast increases and or color saturations afterwards.

I'd go right back to the originals and start from scratch with nothing more than straight enlargement until there's nothing to see but the pixels of the medium that recorded it. One single contrast multiplier may be ok at that stage but don't keep on applying process to it.

The use of the word "filter" in digital photography is very misleading because each filter IS actually an image manipulation algorithm that will start off the process of artifact abstractions that will then be further exaggerated upon further use of processes.

[ I can't find any options for emoticons on the page anywhere - probably my old WinXP situation thing again ]

Well, they're not Pixel Anomalies if that's what you mean, not at all.

But... I am not in the convincing game, purely in the sharing one. Think what you like, I will not think any less of you.

Cheers
Mad Scientist
Mad Scientist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ria Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:13 am

MS, I agree and accept your train of thought, not to dissimilar to findings elsewhere. Also the lake may have been created as a cover, as the details look incredible technical.
Ria
Ria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum