Spiral's Conspiracy Café
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

moreton island excape.

3 posters

Go down

moreton island excape. Empty moreton island excape.

Post by Tonz Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:55 am

Well finally booked a little adventure to Moreton Island, a little escape to an island about an hour drive from home and a hour and half ferry ride . Ive been before not that long ago and also many years ago , its become so very touristic these days but still there is strong sense of adventure. The ferry is costly but worth the effort . The wrecks are great , thats the main reason for the return . This time hope to see some more dolphins , its not whale season , but the is still much to enjoy on the eastern side of the island like eagles and fishing , i wouldn't swim on that side as its still the last leg of tailor season so still quite a few sharks around . the west side has the artificial reef and calmer waters . generally safe snorkling and diving . The vids will give you a general idea. Last time i went with just the miss's but this time there may be 8 of us . Its all camping and bring your own water and dunny shovel ! . there are services not to far away from where we are heading to camp ,but still its all bring your own , no showers nor luxuries like light. Its time for some well deserved space and switch off for a bit.
It is only a 4 day escape starting on the 28th April.
Till then there is much to prepare with the 4x4 and the gear . So much simpler with only two people!,lol, but this could be more fun with some silly tales at night among st good people and beer!

I want to see that Wobbegong again that i saw last time..but this time with some better footage.

Come the time i will share some of our experience .

Tonz
Tonz

Back to top Go down

moreton island excape. Empty Re: moreton island excape.

Post by Spiral Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:08 am

That looks great Tonz Cool

Wish I was coming with you, not for swimming though, you wouldn't get me in the water anywhere around Australia Nailbite

Bet the fishing is excellent ! Post any pics if you land a monster Cheers
Spiral
Spiral
Admin

https://conspiracycafe.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonz Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:17 pm

Wish I was coming with you, not for swimming though, you wouldn't get me in the water anywhere around Australia Nailbite Bet the fishing is excellent ! Post any pics if you land a monster wrote:

well i wish you were coming with me , im sure we would have some funny times together ,.
The fishing is good , mostly i like tailor, off the rocks in the right season , but also there is some good shark fishing off the surf coast there. there are people that spear fish around the island . they've gotta be fucking insaine, but there are always a few crazies around

but the best fishing would be to try and catch a spanish mackrel when they are on season .

Tonz
Tonz

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiral Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:32 pm

Pretty impressive fish !  They look fast too, I hope to do a bit of sea fishing when I get back to the UK seeing as we will be only a few miles from the coast, my pike rod should be OK, if there is anything out there to catch lol.
Spiral
Spiral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonz Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:07 am

They are fast , normally you would catch them on a trawl with the boat , but from the shore you would be casting and reeling , casting and reeling ,they like the fast waters and feed on tailor (very fast ) that feed on blue bait, sharks also feed on tailor .

I will have missed the season by a four weeks by the time i go , but i will be giving it a strong shot while im there anyways .
Tonz
Tonz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ria Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:40 am

Have a great time, here it's rainy and gray Crying or Very sad
Ria
Ria

Back to top Go down

Post by Tonz Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:52 am

This week end the miss's has etched me / blackmailed/convinced me to go and so the beeck turtles hatching . All good , but ,! its in Bundeburg.....Its a 5 hour drive at least to maybe see the little sandwich size turtles hatching on the beach. Its the last two weeks of the season and a good possibility of not finding any at all...We are booked in a tour as this particular beech is closed to the public at this time of year , for obvious reasons .

the viewing or in this case the searching will be between 7pm-2am ....

As its a long haul just for a maybe exciting sighting , ive convinced her that we stop in for the night at inskip point, near rainbow beach first about 3 hours away to do some beach driving . there is a sink hole from last year i want to see , some colored sand formations and a good spot for surf fishing ,in the right spot.

Wish me luck !
Tonz
Tonz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ria Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:23 am

Good luck.
Picks please flower sounds wonderful.
Ria
Ria

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiral Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:11 pm

Good luck with the turtles, sounds like a once in a life time experience sunny
Spiral
Spiral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down