Spiral's Conspiracy Café
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Self-sufficiency and Off Grid - DIY Resources Only!

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Self-sufficiency and Off Grid - DIY Resources Only! Empty Self-sufficiency and Off Grid - DIY Resources Only!

Post by Monk Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:48 pm

Self-sufficiency and Off Grid - DIY Resources Only! 3c0cc5dd02870741cb08ad09bf70e0f1

This thread has been created to house all ideas and any how-to guides relating to self suffiency and off grid living.

As number one in the "trifecta of necessary suppression" (energy, longevity, anti-gravity) Electrical Energy is by far the most important resource humans currently require after water on the planet. Producing it ourselves, in small or large quantities, is one massive step everybody can make with increasingly cheaper setup costs and long term benefits far outweighing any initial outlay. I can tell you honestly as someone who has installed geothermal heating systems across the UK via trench method and borehole drill that anybody can and should do what they can to lower or eliminate the dependence on the Big 6 energy tyrants. They've had enough from us and the planet and they know it. A recent turn around by a formerly pro-fossil fuel lobbyist firm in the UK toward a pro-renewable stance is telling and encouraging, but we still have to do whatever we can to take back the power now and for good, rather than just waiting cap in hand.

Self-sufficiency and Off Grid - DIY Resources Only! Lead_large
Self-sufficiency and Off Grid - DIY Resources Only! 8cAgJ 

Coming up once reviewed:::Guides on DIY tea light candle heaters and thermoelectric power supplies!

(All keyword links to external sites selling goods are not embedded by me!)

Monk

Back to top Go down

Self-sufficiency and Off Grid - DIY Resources Only! Empty Re: Self-sufficiency and Off Grid - DIY Resources Only!

Post by Spiral Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:47 pm

Great Idea Monk, a guy I know on another site made one of those heaters & said it really worked, he lives in Aberdeen so it bloody well must do lol !
Spiral
Spiral
Admin

https://conspiracycafe.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Self-sufficiency and Off Grid - DIY Resources Only! Empty Re: Self-sufficiency and Off Grid - DIY Resources Only!

Post by Monk Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:22 am

Spiral wrote:Great Idea Monk, a guy I know on another site made one of those heaters & said it really worked, he lives in Aberdeen so it bloody well must do lol !

Cheers dude though have to admit, my Mrs clued me in on the whole claypot tea light thing like it was nothing new several weeks ago and I had never heard of it once before that! The more I look into it/experiment for free from scrap first the more it looks/feels very  encouraging.  The tests I am doing (heating the bathroom currently) have led me to believe that there is plenty enough heat on the outer pot surface to heat water to boil (copper pipe wrapped...spirally lol) AND produce 12-24 volt power through use of the cheap as chips thermoelectric "peltier module"...chip.

Its early days and I'm yet to stump up the mammoth £2 for a 12v module Shocked but from what I've seen these past few weeks I'm nothing but encouraged. I hope when I can throw something decent together to share others may be inclined to have a go too! Even with my variety of building experience (jack of all trades master of f.a) I have only basic knowledge and experience with wiring/electronics, so no doubt sparks will fly!!!

What this guy has done looks effective!

Candle Powered Heater

Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:55 pm

Self-sufficiency and Off Grid - DIY Resources Only! FI5OHXOHQ0HSGR2.LARGE
http://www.instructables.com/id/Cheapest-Heater-In-The-World-Version-2-Bigger-Bett/?ALLSTEPS

I like the simplicity of this one. if you can forgive the lad his spelling the guide is decent and makes for a very efficient heater.

Last edited by Monk on Sun May 01, 2016 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by STOAT MULDOON Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:06 pm

Word of warning , don't leave these unattended . They create a lot of heat and can set on fire if left alone alight . A bloke left one on his boat and it set on fire Piicard facepalm
STOAT MULDOON
STOAT MULDOON

Back to top Go down

Post by Ria Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:18 pm

List of edible flowers with pictures.
https://www.westcoastseeds.com/articles-and-instructions/flower-talk/list-of-edible-flowers/
Ria
Ria

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:12 pm

STOAT MULDOON wrote:Word of warning , don't leave these unattended . They create a lot of heat and can set on fire if left alone alight . A bloke left one on his boat and it set on fire Piicard facepalm

Water water everywhere and not a drop to put out the fire we shouldnt have started!! Whoops!

They do get bloody hot though to that I can attest, nearly took me fingerprints clean off first time I tapped on it to gauge the searing heat lol

Would love to know how the guy set it up if you have any more info Stoat? I've only used my "prototype" (stoner half arsed attempt lol) in the bathroom with pretty good results, two candles do the same work as five or six just takes an hour to warm the pots up.

Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by STOAT MULDOON Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:48 pm

Here's one Idea too put one together , I bet that'll generate a massive amount of heat . From what I can gather about these is the Tea lights are not sufficient to hold the melted wax in place . When the Tea lights melt it causes a fire hazard . I suppose if you use different candles with a more substantial pot ( thick jars etc ) it would be less of a hazard , possibly . The thing to do of course , is don't leave them unattended .

STOAT MULDOON
STOAT MULDOON

Back to top Go down

Post by Ria Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:45 pm

This gives a useful warning to only use one tea light at a time.

RISK OF DEATH! Clay Flower Pot Candle Heater
High Seas -
Clay flower pot candle heaters are unfortunately dangerous and this has been discovered through trial and error. This video may save lives, so please share, as I personally had a very lucky escape and nearly had a fatal accident with this popular form of heating.
The one I used had a bolt through it which acted like a radiator, however, the danger exists with the tea lights being too close in a very hot environment.
Ria
Ria

Back to top Go down

Post by Monk Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:00 pm

STOAT MULDOON wrote:Here's one Idea too put one together , I bet that'll generate a massive amount of heat . From what I can gather about these is the Tea lights are not sufficient to hold the melted wax in place . When the Tea lights melt it causes a fire hazard . I suppose if you use different candles with a more substantial pot ( thick jars etc ) it would be less of a hazard , possibly . The thing to do of course , is don't leave them unattended .  

wow that is fookin cool cheers Stoat I am defos making one of those. I have left mine unattended in the bathroom but thats on terracotta tiles not wood or carpet so the base heat wont do much harm unlike say on a boat lol

Monk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next